Chettinaad Prawn Chukka Recipe
Chettinaad Prawn Chukka is inspired recipe from The Biere Club Resturant in Bengaluru..Chef Murali nailed this dish was so impressed with the flavors and taste had to give this recipe a shot..Unlike mutton and chicken...Prawns has this unique taste in this recipe which will truly tingle your taste buds...
Chef Murali's Prawn Chettinaad +The Biere Club
250 Grams Prawns (shelled, de-veined and washed)
1 Onion Finely Chopped
2 Sprigs Curry Leaves
1 Tbsp Tamarind
1 Tsp Chilly powder
1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp Coriander powder
A pinch Asafoetida
10 Pods Garlic
1 Inch Ginger
1 Green Chilly
Small Piece Stone flower(Kalpassi)
Small Piece Star Anise
1/4 Tsp Cumin
1/4 Tsp Fennel
1/2 Inch Cinnamon
1 Dry Chilly
1/2 Tsp Pepper Corns
2 Pods Cardamon
Salt and pepper powder as per taste
1 Tbsp Ghee
1 Tbsp Oil
Coriander and Lime for Garnish..
- In a mixer jar add all the ingredients given to prepare masala paste pulse all the ingredients twice and then add 1/4 Cup water grind to a smooth paste the masala should be watery.
- Heat a wok on low to medium flame add oil and 1/2 tsp ghee add a pinch of asafoetida once the asafoetida splutters add onion and curry leaves fry onions till light pink in color..
- Add the masala paste to the onion do not waste the spices paste if any left in the mixerjar add a splash of water and add to the frying onions...
- Fry the masala and onion on low flame once the moisture evaporates and oil surfaces add chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder fry all the ingredients till raw flavor has gone...
- Add the prawns and toss to coat the masala add salt and tamarind pulp add 1 tbsp of water and cook on high for 3 to 5 minutes once oil surfaces add 1/2 tsp ghee for flavor toss and serve hot as side dish or starter..Enjoy...:)